Monday, August 6, 2012

Motivation

I went on the treadmill tonight... I walked but at least this is a start!  I keep thinking back to when we were at dinner and we talked a little bit about what motivates us.  I am having a hard time with being motivated.  I am very motivated during the day when I can't run because I don't have someone to watch the kids, but by the time that night comes I am tired and all I want to do is veg.  (It doesn't help that Chris has been putting in so many hours and that we are having sleep issues with the girls... but that is another story! :)  What would you say motivates you and how do you fit your exercise in?

Nicole

2 comments:

  1. I'm very goal oriented, so goals motivate me. I start out small and make my goals bigger as I go. Also, as you begin to do it more, the feeling of accomplishment will motivate you. It has been easier for me to fit in runs over the summer of course because I don't have school. During the school year I have definitely learned to live on less sleep! I do definitely think getting a good night sleep is really important for your overall health, but so is exercise, so I have learned to occasionally sacrifice sleep and only get 5-6 hours a night. During the school year I get up at 5:45 and run in the morning. Once you really get going you will often want to do it and won't have to talk yourself into it. You will also have some good days and some bad. There are some days I will plan on running more and get tired quick and there are other days when I feel like I could go forever. Last weekend I planned on running 7 miles and at the end felt like I could go another 2 or 3, but then a few days later I barely wanted to go 3. Some days you will feel really good and somedays you won't. You just have to commit to trying. I just found a very cool race on October 27th. It's called the Headless Horseman Chase. It is a 5k or 10 mile race. It is at nighttime in the dark. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, I just wondered something else. Do you have anyone who could watch the girls for you during the day for 45 minutes while you go out to exercise? Your Mom or a neighbor? What about when the younger ones are napping? I have run on the treadmill many times when Chase isn't home and let the older boys play in the basement while I run. Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete