Tuesday, July 10, 2012

How is it going?

How is it going for everyone? I have mixed feelings about running in the intense heat we've been having. On one hand I really like it because you get sweating so much you really feel like you got a good workout, but it is tough when the air is humid. I ran the Reed's Lake 10K a couple weekends ago. It definitely wasn't one of my best runs. I had to work a wedding the night before it and didn't get to bed until 1:00, then had to be up at 6:30 to get there in time. Couldn't find a parking spot so had to park about a mile and a half away and run just to get there. Then when I went to get my number, my registration had been invalid (long story), so I had to run another half mile or so just to get what I needed. Oh brother.... I had fun, but got a slower time than I wanted and felt a bit discouraged, but then as I approached the finish line there were my 5 boys! Easton ran through the finish line with me, it was very cool! I've ran about 4 or 5 times since the race and they have been pretty good runs. I ran 6 miles on Sunday and it went well. It was nice to have it be so much cooler. Who wants to plan a run together? We could meet at the Kenowa track? Tracks are a good way to start out! Take care everyone!

1 comment:

  1. I have to get on board and actually start! I'm glad you are posting as it is going to make me get my butt in gear and do it!

    Love how the boys were waiting for you at the finish line :)

    ReplyDelete